You won't believe the amount of times I've been asked how I 'keep reading fun' or how I 'find motivation to read'. Often, I spend awkward minutes racking my brain for an answer, when really the answer is quite simple: I just do. I can't explain it, and it's not so easy to tell someone else that. I've been asked the question by lots of friends and even my little sister's friends and every single time I want to be able to tell them there is a fun way to get them to read.
If there is one thing in life that makes me happy it is motivating others to read more, and to explore genres that they normally wouldn't. So I thought about it and realised that reading challenges and games are great ways to motivate people to read. Incentives and prizes help too. My plan then was to smoosh all of these things together into one, and thus, the 2015 Bookish Bingo Challenge was born!
I think this challenge is a fun little twist on the conventional reading challenge. I'm going to be encouraging not only friends, but family friends, and sibling's friends to participate!
Here is the Bingo card that I designed: (Click the image to open it in a new tab)
Click the image to open it in a new tab and right click to 'Save as'.
How it works:Fulfill the task within the box to be able to mark it off. There are three levels of participation: beginner, intermediate and expert.
Beginner: Try and complete one line of BINGO.
Intermediate: Complete the entire outside box.
Expert: Fill every single square!
There are a total of 45 squares and each features a very different task. Try to fill in as many as you can! Remember, this is not a challenge and not a competition! The aim is to challenge yourself to read more and read widely, not to see who can complete the most.
At the end of the year there will be a wrap up post, which will go live on December 10th. This will give you the chance to link your wrap up posts and see which tasks others have completed.
There will also be a giveaway for a prize! This coveted prize being up to $30 AUD in value for a book or books of your choice from the Book Depository (open internationally).
Instructions for participation:
- Sign up in the form below or declare you are participating via twitter, instagram, facebook or a blog post. This could be a whole blog post or a simple one-sentence tweet. Share your declaration in the linky below!
- READ, READ, READ, AND READ!
- Check off the boxes as you go! Remember, if you read a book that applies to more than one square, you can check up to THREE of them off only.
- At the end of the year, write a wrap up post or comment about which tasks you completed. Come back to my blog for the wrap-up linky that will be posted on December 10th. (If you do not have a blog you can write about your completed tasks in the comments of the wrap-up post). The number of tasks you completed in no way affects your entry into the giveaway.
- Every comment and shared link is an automatic entry into the draw to win the first prize, which is open internationally. There will be a separate rafflecopter giveaway for the Australian giveaway.
- Sign ups do not end until November 2015 so you can join in anytime before that!
- Make sure you have signed up below and don't forget to share your link so others can check out your blogs!
- HAVE FUN!!
- Remember: You don't even have to get a bingo! The aim of this challenge is to encourage you to read more and to explore new genres and concepts within books that you may not have explored before.
Don't worry if you can't see the whole form at once, there is a scroll bar on the right hand side.