It's that time of year again folks!! Buckle up, because it's time for the 2016 Bookish Bingo Challenge!
I created the 2015 Bookish Bingo Challenge on a bit of a whim. Coincidentally it turned out to be the single most successful idea that I've ever had. The challenge gained WAY more momentum than I ever could have imagined, and I am so thankful for all the beautiful friends I've come to make because of it. So without further a do, let's jump straight into it!
For people who are not huge readers, this is the perfect way to not only broaden your horizons, but also to stay motivated to continue to pursue reading actively. For experienced readers, this can be a little push to help you out of your comfort zone. Reading widely is the spice of life, my friends!
I feel that this is the perfect twist on the conventional reading challenge, and is maybe more stimulating than a reading challenge list. Us daydreamers and creatives need things to be fresh, new and innovative. And I think (read as: I hope) that this challenge is perfectly suitable.
- There are a total of 35 squares and each features a very different task.
- Complete as many tasks as you can and cross them off as you go.
- Remember, the point of this challenge is NOT to see who can complete the most. It is about your personal reading experience and pushing yourself to explore uncharted territory.
- Sign ups do not close until November 2016, so you can join in any time before that!
- You must make sure you've signed up below and don't forget to share your link in the comments so that others can check out your blog!
- HAVE FUN!
- Remember: you don't even have to get a BINGO! The aim of this challenge is to encourage you to explore reading genres, and some of those may not be included in this card. You do you.
- There is now also a goodreads group for this challenge which you can join here.
This year, there is not only the bingo card itself, but also an additional progress sheet printable on which you can write the books you've read for each task. Here's a look at the card (download links near the bottom of the post)
- Download your bingo card, and progress sheet printable below.
- Sign up in the google form below, and declare your participation via twitter, instagram, facebook or a blog post!
- READ, READ, READ, READ, READ!
- Check off the boxes as you go. Remember: one book can apply to only TWO tasks.
- There are five boxes on the bingo card marked with large question marks. These are called 'mystery missions', as you don't know the task under them, they prevent you from attaining those precious 'BINGOs'. One mystery mission will be unveiled on the blog every second month, so keep your eyes open for them!
- At the end of the year, write a wrap up post or share a picture of your progress. There will be a wrap up post here on the blog on December 10th on which you can share your link and have a chat!
- The post will contain a giveaway for $30 worth of chosen books from the Book Depository, and is open INTERNATIONALLY! Please note, the winner is chosen at random and the number of tasks you completed does not at all effect your entry.